Ngaahi Paloveape

Share your feelings or ask questions about the culture.

Moderator: admin

Postby Aphrodite » Mon Mar 06, 2006 4:22 pm

Illumination wrote:
lmaoo. :lol: dude, if you just talk it through, I can help you with the english translations. Really, I'm excellent with accents :p *Ouaaaaaa

*ducks dites 9 inch heels....

paa'i e la'o o Illumination, let me get your boo Kepa to translate for u :lol: *fola he kata*

ki tu'a!!

:lol:

Hi Quick, I think you and I have the same book, LMAOO! Ok, I'm going to get my Tala 'o Tonga book and post up some stuff, don't know what but it'll do!
Aphrodite
PT Queen/King

Postby Illumination » Mon Mar 06, 2006 5:47 pm

Aphrodite wrote:
Illumination wrote:
lmaoo. :lol: dude, if you just talk it through, I can help you with the english translations. Really, I'm excellent with accents :p *Ouaaaaaa

*ducks dites 9 inch heels....

paa'i e la'o o Illumination, let me get your boo Kepa to translate for u :lol: *fola he kata*

ki tu'a!!

Oh, no she didn't :shock: :lol: :shock: Check yourself - YOUR cyper-sex lovah and if my bookworm friend would be kind to translate, that would be nice. So can you coo some sweet nothings his way so me & Afarian can benefit from this post. Purty please? :wink: *OUaaaaaaa LOL

On the real though... just try on the translations, please Quicksilver and Dite. I know you two got mad skills. Share your wisdom!
Illumination
PT Professor

Postby Aphrodite » Mon Mar 06, 2006 5:51 pm

Illumination wrote:
Oh, no she didn't :shock: :lol: :shock: Check yourself - YOUR cyper-sex lovah and if my bookworm friend would be kind to translate, that would be nice. So can you coo some sweet nothings his way so me & Afarian can benefit from this post. Purty please? :wink: *OUaaaaaaa LOL

On the real though... just try on the translations, please Quicksilver and Dite. I know you two got mad skills. Share your wisdom!

weh oua kohu bina, LOL that's NOT what he said about u HIS phone sex lovah :shock: :lol: :shock: *dying laughing* ouaaaa!

coo some sweet what? koe ha 'ena? ka koe he expert ai :lol:

*tone it down*

Aphrodite
PT Queen/King

Postby Illumination » Mon Mar 06, 2006 6:04 pm

Aphrodite wrote:
Illumination wrote:

weh oua kohu bina, LOL that's NOT what he said about u HIS phone sex lovah :shock: :lol: :shock: *dying laughing* ouaaaa!

*tone it down*

LMFAOOOOO Oooooo *mate he kataaa** :lol: I'm telling Kepa ho'o talanoa malie i heni. :lol: You should have been a lawyer too. Loi eroooo :lol: :lol:

OK, I'm sorry. no more talahui. Love ya dite! *still :lol: *

**toning it down and taki sis to the confession booth**

Translation PLEASE Geezers, I almost want to ask the SoapBox's patele to come and tell his paper's please story in here. *mate he kata***

Sorry Quicksilver. Patiently waiting a translation.
Illumination
PT Professor

Postby Aphrodite » Mon Mar 06, 2006 6:12 pm

Man, how rude :wink: --oua tala kia Kepa he'll never speak to us again :wink: he's probably laughing along with us :lol:

Sorry Quick didn't mean to fakaveve on your thread.

just dite

*hugs Illum sis* get back to class moe paluuu :lol:
Aphrodite
PT Queen/King

Postby Quicksilver » Mon Mar 06, 2006 6:44 pm

lols...you have a book 'Dite?..I dont have one... :( but thanks for all the helpful things I find floating around cyber-space aye...lols.

and Im not even going to attempt at translating anything..lols..."Kai Tama...Eat You Child, Eat Child, Eat Boy...Afarian see what I mean about lost in translation, it just kills the proverb...lols.

I'll post up some more folk lore stories to keep you busy in the meantime okay me dear! hehe :lol:
Quicksilver
PT President

Postby Aphrodite » Mon Mar 06, 2006 6:56 pm

Heo yeah girl, I posted this thing before about 2003. I went to Tonga in 2002 and I went crazy buying all these awesome Tongan Books that some of the OGs recommended. One of the book, it's called Paloveapi moe ngaahi lea faka Tonga. It's the bomb! 8) It started to collect dust cause I never read it until I saw your thread. Thanks again! :lol:

LMAOOOOOOOOOOO@kai tama....eat child, eat boy oh that's hilarious, that would be me. It's hard because our language uses a lot of metaphors and that's when I lost it. But your translation of Kai Tama reminds me of someone who came with the nick Mui'iapele. We came up with so many english translations for her nick like buttapple, applebutt, applearsh, applelalo, etc! and she finally told us it's apple bottom :shock: like dah, hahahaha! :P

Oiaueee! It would be great to get Zaka back to do some of these translations :lol: :shock:

Aphrodite
PT Queen/King

Postby Quicksilver » Mon Mar 06, 2006 8:00 pm

LMAOO @ apple bottom! .lols...

hang on, I have an apple story..this man was from vaini. His first time to NZ and after a few weeks he hooked up with a palangi chick. The relationship became serious, and the vaini guy was spending more and more of his time at his girlfriends house.
To date the guy was still trying to get use to this new lifestyle...learning how to speak english, learning all the new foods , new places...etc.
One day he found some green apples in the fridge..WOW, he thought to himself, this looks different from the red apples.
Try it, his girlfriend urged, its nice and yummy.
So he takes a bite and but he doesn't like it...mahalo nae kei mahi ae apele....
Well, his girlfriend asked, how did you like it.
Scratching his head and trying to figure out the palangi word for mahi.

Arr the apple is underwear. :lol: :lol:

Love you vaini...no hard feelings aye. :lol: :lol:
Last edited by Quicksilver on Mon Mar 06, 2006 8:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Quicksilver
PT President

Postby afarian » Mon Mar 06, 2006 8:05 pm

Gee, thanks Quick for the translation.
Very helpful...kai tama=eat child, eat children...
:P
Okay, I guess no one will help me. :shock: :shock:
afarian
PT President

Postby Quicksilver » Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:42 pm

Nice proverb Pryn.

Paloveape - 'Ofa 'a fefine pa'a

Tupu'anga - Tokua 'oku loto 'ofa ange 'a e fefine kuo 'osi fanau 'i he fefine pa'a.

'Uhinga - Ko ha 'ofa 'oku 'ikai fu'u ongo mafana.
Quicksilver
PT President

PreviousNext

Return to Tongan Culture